Friday, September 17, 2010

TGIF

This week has gone so quick and I have learned so much.  Today was a day full of meetings. Some current volunteers visited us today to give us an idea of what to expect, which was great.  They actually got me more excited to meet my host family.  Walked the beach this afternoon and got some lessons on wrapping scarfs.  I will hopefully be learning Berber and staying in a very remote area. I think I will find out tomorrow, if not Sunday when we travel out to our PST (Pre-Service Training) areas.  I will spend the next 10 weeks there living with a host family starting Sunday.  This will be my first experience with a host family abroad, which I am actually excited about, however the nerves may arrive on Sunday.  It was another beautiful day on the coast enjoying some sun and the breeze! Off to another good night of sleep.  Now you all are being spoiled this week because of my internet connection, come Sunday this will not be as accessible.  But I enjoy letting everyone in on my excitement.  Oh yea, and we have been eating great food as usual.  However, today I ate a really good "salmon" patty.  After I was done I found out it was a sardine patty.  Some things are better left unkown.  I think I enjoyed it more thinking it was a salmon patty so from now on I just won't ask!

2 comments:

  1. OH rita how exciting I cannot wait to find our about your host family. I am glad the food has been good! sardines are the best lol cant wait to see your next blog when you get another connection. Love you and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow marisa How cool is this u r such a good bloger

    ReplyDelete