Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bring on the Heat

So ya that is my name in Arabic...just part of the many things I have learned since I boarded the airplane.  The plane over here was wonderful...I was served steamed veggies, wild rice and Salmon, plus salad and cheese and so on. When we landed we had a warm welcome by many.  To begin our meetings on Wednesday we were welcomed by four men in elaborate robes dancing, singing and playing instruments.  If you know me well, I love the beat of drums and music that you can "feel" and trust me I had chills.  The food is AMAZING!  I don't know how well the weight loss plan is going to work...I think it is going to be more like weight control.  It is all fresh, however your meals are anywhere from 3 to 5 plates.  I was riding the waves of the Eastern Atlantic coast before dinner the first night.  When we entered the beach there was a family of Camels walking along the shore.  It has just been amazing by far.  Today, Thursday, we had meetings all day and learned some basic Moroccan Arabic, as well as meeting the US Ambassador for Morocco.  By Sunday I will be with my host family which I am anxious about!  Oh and to cover a few basics I forgot to mention...back to the beginning.  I came over here with approximately 70 other trainees that are with either Small Business Development, like me, or Youth Development. I am heading off to dinner now, which should be lighter like a soup and some meat or fish.  Wow was the fresh soup good last night, can not wait to see what is in store for tonight.  Yes, I do look forward to our meals because it is always a surprise!  Oh yea and I said bring on the heat because it has been HOT since we got here...I couldn't wait to get into the ocean last night.  However, we just had a thunderstorm pass through so we have a nice refreshing breeze now!  Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment