Saturday, November 6, 2010

My new home

So this post is going to be quick I am running out of time on the internet...but I need to let you all know about my new home!  To say the least I am extremely happy I honestly did not imagine to be living amongst such incredible people and geographical beauty!!
On my way south to my new home...

Again...just wanted to show you all the wonders of the sunset...so many amazing colors!

Again...this is a random lake we passed which was really random being that we are traveling into the desert.

Ok so this is my home!!! I have walked through the fields of olive,pomegranate,almond and walnut trees out to see the river and the vast rolling, red mountains. These pictures do no justice to how breathtaking my site is...I honestly was overwhelmed when my host mom and I emerged from the trees to this!!

This is me moving the camera to the right...look up on the right mountain and you can see some uninhabited caves.

Now I zoomed in so you can really see them.  The volunteer I am replacing said she went up there but no one lives in there.  However, there is proof that people lived up there...she also said it is steep to get up there.  I will be working with people that live in caves but I have not met them yet! 

On to the right again...that is a village with no road to it so I hear they are living in the "past", I can't wait to find out for myself.
On to the right...

And here is my village!! I am up a hill looking over...the association I am working for is behind me and I forgot to take a pic of it!

To the right...my host family's home is in the center but you cant see it...it is behind the grey building...in fact that is there new home being built, which will probably go to the sons and there families.

This is the "old city" of my village.  Some ruins of what my village used to be.



So I forgot I had this video...just so you can see hear some traditional Berber music and see us Americans trying to do their dance.

Ok so I don't have any time but I just want to express that I am sooooo happy with my site.  I have a lot of challenges ahead and I can explain more next time! Peace Corps matched me perfectly!  My site is far beyond my expectations and I am ready to get in integrate and start working. I am going back to my CBT for 2 final weeks of training than I will spend a week in Rabat for "swearing in" where I officially become a volunteer and my 2 year term begins.  I will be back then and explain alot more...time is short!!  I don't even have time to do edits so I hope this all makes sense!!

1 comment: